WhatsApp is an instant messaging application that is available for free on Android smartphones, iPhones, Windows Phone, Mac laptops, and Windows devices. It is very secured with end-to-end encryption. It is an easy-to-use application that enables you to send text messages, documents, pictures, videos, voice recordings. You can also share contact and your location with your connections on WhatsApp. You can use it to even make voice or video calls over the internet for free of cost plus you don’t need to be dependent on the mobile network. If you have wifi available, you can stay connected with your friends & family. WhatsApp App has evolved rapidly since the time of its release in 2009. With its rise to fame, Facebook took an interest in buying it and finally bought it in 2014. Since then, it has further garnered a lot of users worldwide. It has been the easiest and quickest means of communication. While many people use it only for personal communications, many have made effective use of this free tool in their everyday business. WhatsApp developers eventually released another version to support enterprises using WhatsApp for Business apps. In this article, I will cover the 5 amazing features you should know about WhatsApp Application.
1. How to use WhatsApp on PC?
To use WhatsApp on PC, you need to use WhatsApp web. To use this feature, you’ll first need to have installed the app on your phone. WhatsApp App on PC[/caption] Follow the below instructions to start using WhatsApp web on your laptop:
- Go on a web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, or Safari are compatible) go on to web.whatsapp.com
- Then open WhatsApp on your phone and go on to your chat list
- Tap on the menu button and select WhatsApp web
- The phone opens the camera to scan the QR code. Notice the QR code present on your laptop screen? Go ahead and scan this QR code using your phone
- Voila!! WhatsApp is now available on your computer browser. You’ll be able to use it to send messages as you would on your phone
- Remember, when you’ve finished using WhatsApp on your laptop, do not forget to log out. Click on the three-dot menu above the chats list on the left-hand side of the screen and click on log out at the bottom of the list
You can also turn on desktop notifications for easy access. Once you launch the WhatsApp web on your PC for the first time, you will have the option of turning on desktop notifications. This option will be highlighted in blue above your chat list on the screen. After using the laptop if you’ve forgotten to log out, do not worry as there is another way to log out In case you have missed logging off earlier.
- Step 1: Open WhatsApp on your phone by tapping on it
- Step 2: Open the Chats window and tap on Menu and then select WhatsApp Web
- Step 3: Now you can view the list of all computers you had logged in and you can log out from a session of your choice
This process is similar using any device (Android, iPhone, Blackberry or Windows phone). So go ahead and enjoy using your favorite tool on your laptop too. The next is very interesting and you might have wondered how can this happen?
2. How to backup WhatsApp?
WhatsApp has a feature to create a backup of your chat history on google drive. The best part about this is that the backup does not eat your google drive storage quota. It means, irrespective of the backup file size your google drive space does not get reduced. Follow these simple steps to backup on google drive using android smartphones:
- Open WhatsApp application
- Click on the three dots on the top right corner of the app
- Click on settings
- Select chat settings
- Click on the chat backup button to create a backup and upload it immediately on google drive
The chat backup option in the chat settings has additional settings. You can set your backup frequency to daily, weekly or monthly. Additionally, there is an option to never take a backup or to create a backup. So only when you tap on the ‘backup’ button, the backup happens. There also are provisions to change your default Google account for backups on your phone, backup over WiFi only, or backup over WiFi or cellular data or the last option is whether or not to include videos in the backup. While the backup file does not reduce your GDrive storage plan, backing up and uploading the backup file to GDrive requires internet service. Hence, it is advisable to use WiFi to back up WhatsApp chat history on GDrive. This process works really well with android smartphones.
3. How to restore the backup from Google drive on your phone?
The process of restoring the backup is easy, just follow the below process and you can start using the backed up data instantly.
- Connect your phone to active internet using either WiFi or network data
- Set up your phone using the same google account where the WhatsApp backup data has been stored
- Download and install the application from Google Play Store
- Open WhatsApp, accepts its terms & conditions. Enter your phone number and wait for OTP to proceed
- Once you’ve received the OTP, enter the OTP and click on the Next button
- WhatsApp will notify that the existing backup file is saved on google drive and seek your permission to restore chat history
- Give permission on your device to retrieve chat history from google drive backup. The backup will restore text messages first and multimedia in the background later.
4. How to Record WhatsApp video calls?
You can record WhatsApp video calls easily. It can sometimes be useful to record these video calls on Android devices. Below is the information on how to do it which you can read and can start recording the video calls. Before you learn the process of how to record the video calls on the WhatsApp Application on your smartphone, it is important to answer this question. It would indeed be a pity to become a victim of any legal proceedings towards your action. You need to be aware that in a few countries, the judicial system allows a telephone conversation to be recorded for possible use as evidence. Obviously, it must be in conjunction with your dispute. It should not infringe on the fundamental rights and freedom of any person. it is absolutely possible to record a conversation without wanting to use it in a legal situation like a learning session or an interview. Now, to record a video call, you must download the third-party application which will help record the video. However, in some Android smartphones, there is a feature of recording the screen with sound. In case your phone does not have such a feature, you will have to download an application that does this. There are many good apps which you can use for screen recording with audio. Our recommendation is an AZ screen recorder. It is one of the best apps currently available. It is an easy-to-use application, you will be guided by the app as soon as you download it. Did you know how to share your location with your friends on WhatsApp? Here is how you do it.
5. How to share location in WhatsApp?
Sometimes it is very important to share your location with your near and dear ones. WhatsApp has a feature that helps you do that anytime, anywhere. Here is how you can do it:
- Firstly, you need to enable location permissions for the WhatsApp application in your phone’s Settings, go to Apps & notifications, select Advanced settings, go to App permissions, you will find Location settings, then turn on WhatsApp Application. Alternatively, if you have recently opened the WhatsApp app, you can go to your phone’s Settings directly and select Apps & notifications, go to WhatsApp, in the Permissions section turn on Location.
- Open the chat window of your friend or family or group chat.
- Tap on Attach icon and select Location and then click on Share live location.
- You will then have to select the length of time you’d like to share your live location. Your live location will stop being shared after the selected amount of time is expired. You can alternatively keep it as a share live location
- Finally, Tap on send
That’s how simple it is to use these amazing features of the WhatsApp Application. Do share your comments, questions, reviews on the article.